Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Classroom of the Future

Last year I attended the TCEA conference in Austin which was a lot of fun and I learned a lot of new information about technology-which I love!  This year I didn't attend but I did sign up to win 'The Classroom of the Future' after Mr. Orsak sent the link out through email.  I hesitated at first because it had to be submitted that day, but decided to take the time to enter.  I thought the winner would be announced at the TCEA conference and after it was over I concluded it was given to another teacher.  Little did I know.....
Yesterday, we had an assembly right after announcements.  I didn't have a clue as to what it was about, but after seeing Dr. Baker in the gym and another gentleman I didn't recognize I assumed it was some type of school award such as being an exemplary school.  After Mrs. Exum began to introduce the unknown gentleman she mentioned he represents 'Data Projections'-I recognized that name and even leaned over to Ms. Sherry and mumbled that was the company I submitted my entry to over a month ago.  I still didn't think too much, but was beginning to become suspicious.  It turns out that Mr. H was informing SES that my classroom had been chosen as The Classroom of the Future.
I spent the day at the high school being trained on the new equipment my classroom will be receiving in a few weeks.  I was privileged to have received one of the 3 SMART boards at SES last year and LOVED it!!!!!  The boards weren't installed until the last month or so of school so I didn't have a lot of time to play, but it was love-at-1st-sight!!!  I have missed my SMART board tremendously this year.
Today Mr. H came over to take a look at our classroom to help map out the instillation process and to take a picture with my class.  The kids loved visiting with Mr. H and began guessing his age which ranged from 5-98!  
It is impossible to take a picture and have everyone looking at the camera at once!!!!!
We are super excited and can't wait to receive our new equipment!  It will definitely be USED and ENJOYED!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for looking at our blog. We have a lot of fun learning every day.
Love,
Mrs. Wright's Class